request for enhancement of the debian installation readme on the speakup site

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Tue Nov 30 10:36:50 EST 2004

Hi.  I can't give complete answers to everything since I stop using the
default speakup kernel soon after an install.
They use the latest 2.4 kernel for Sarge.  For now, it is 2.4.27.  It is
just the default kernel image for i386.  Flavors like bf2.4 and compact
no longer apply for Sarge.  The version of speakup is from late April.
I have file a request ffor the maintainer to update to the latest
speakup, but it hasn't happened yet.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny