earliest possible software speech at boot?

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Thu Nov 4 13:26:26 EST 2004

I did not know that...  However, what about the partition checks and
anything else that might require action?  Sometimes my system says: " disk
check returned errors, dropping you to a shell" and I get a bash prompt so I
can do repare tasks (this is before the rc.d scripts could load
speech-dispatcher".  Do you think there can be a way to get working software
speech at this point?

David B.