here is my questions

Ahmed ahmed at ahmed63.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 09:25:42 EST 2004

Hi Folks!
I am new member to this mailing list!
I am totally blind and I am doing BSC Computer Science Degree in Westminster University in UK.  I have got a few questions about Speakup speech programme with Linux!
First of all, I have only used Unix OS through a telnet programme such as SSH Client and I do programme under Unix as part of my Degree!
Secondly I heard that there is a speech programme called Speakup long time but I have never used it!  Because I get use to the Window OS using Jaws as my screen Reading programme!
Thirdly, I have decided to change my OS on my Laptop from Window2K to Linux RedHat 9.
So my questions is as follows!
how does Speakup programme work with Red Hat 9?  Bearing in mind that I have an external DecTalk express synthesiser.  Would it work with the above external synthesiser.?If yes is it so difficult to configure it?
Can I install the Speakup and Emacspeak in one computer?  If yes how? I read about Jupiter Speech System for Linux in console mode,. Has anyone tried the Jupiter Speech System?  If yes how does he/she find it?
At last but most importantly thank you very much and I look forward to your replies.