writing spk howto (?)

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Nov 3 08:00:35 EST 2004

Hi.  The ideal HOWTO in this case would hava a section for each distro.
I don't believe there is any easy way to just write instructions that
are independent of a specific distro.
For example, I only have to build speechd-up from CVS on my Debian box.
Unstable has a Debian package for speech-dispatcher 0.5. I believe the
version in testing is still at 0.4, but haven't checked.
I have to disagree with Chuck on this one.  When I look for a HOWTO, I
try to find a Debian specific one first and only use a "general" HOWTO
as a last resort.  I've found doing things my distro's way just makes my
life easier.

          Kenny