Good command line cd players

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 2 16:28:43 EST 2004

When I type play, that is cdcd play with a space between cdcd and play, it gets
the cddb info then returns me back to my shell prompt.  Is that normal?Does it
just go into the background?  According to aumix my cd volume is set to
something which would give me noise.  So if my behavior is normal let me know
and I'll have to check the cable.  Sound on my system does work.  btw, no I
didn't understand my options so that explanation was helpfull.
Sean