writing spk howto (?)

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 2 13:02:49 EST 2004

The hardest thing for me when following howtos, is there are things which are
distro specific and things which don't behave the same way on each distro.  The
mkinitrd command on Debian V. Fedora is a good example.  If you are going to
write a non-distro specific howto, it has to either be entirely non-distro
specific or must explain some of the things you tried as specific to your
distro.  I don't want to sound to "idiot proof", but these things are being read
by people like myself who come from a computer world where things either work or
don't and little tweeking.
</rant>
Sean