For everyone looking for a flite rpm

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun May 30 11:56:19 EDT 2004

I'm glad to hear others are succeeding getting this Flite rpm working on FC2. My initial install--late last night didn't work. It was late, so I stopped working on it.

I did look at the src first, though. It's rather my habit to do that these days. It gives two strange dependencies--strange from a Fedora point of view:

tetex-core
libalsa2

I believe these are not Fedora package names. I believe an "everything" install of Fedora provides all the tetex functionality, but not by that name. And, the libalsa2 seems dated.

So, when my compile failed, and when the initial install of the rpm indicated an OSS dependency, I went and got alsa-oss from CCRMA. That broke my alsa--which is where I am now.

Your success is encouraging me to go back to this--though I don't know what I want to try and tweak the spec file.