Ircii or epic!

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu May 27 13:44:21 EDT 2004

Have you tried connecting to port 6667 of other servers?  How about port
6667 of your own machine?  Try this.  Use telnet to connect to...
for example, your isp's mail server, port 6667.
127.0.0.1 port 6667 (this is your local machine)
localhost port 6667 (another way to connect to your local machine)
yahoo.com port 6667 (some random host)
port 6667 of the irc server you're trying to use.
port 6667 of some other irc server.
Trying to connect to port 6667 of anything other than an irc server should
get you either no responce at all, then a connection timed out after a long
wait, or a connection refused.
To use telnet to do that, type in the command
telnet hostname port
where hostname is a domain name or an ip address, and port is the port
number.
Jayson.