Fedora 2 install

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun May 23 23:25:14 EDT 2004

Sina Bahram writes:
> Hi guys,
>
> What do I need to change in the yum.conf file, and exactly to what, so I can
> get Fedora 2.

OK. Here's my /etc/yum.conf. Tweak as you see fit.

cut here

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
exclude=kernel kernel-doc kernel-source kernel-smp *debuginfo*

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/

#[development]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

[gstreamer-deps]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - GStreamer dependencies
baseurl=http://gstreamer.net/pkg/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/deps

[gstreamer]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - GStreamer
baseurl=http://gstreamer.net/pkg/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/gst
cut here