Why does a module show as unused when the synth is talking?

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Wed May 19 22:51:54 EDT 2004

The subject says it all pretty much.  If I have Speakup running as
modules, it always lists the synth module as unused even if it is
speaking.  I would think it would show as used unless you had speech
silenced when you did the lsmod command.  An example from lsmod shows the
Accent PC module as unused even though it's what I am running at the
moment.

speakup_acntpc          2028   0  (unused)
speakupmain            46372   0  [speakup_acntpc]

I'm just curious about this.