unable to configure Speakup during Kernel config

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Wed May 12 19:18:08 EDT 2004

Hello Gregg and all,
  I downloaded the full linux-2.4.26 kernel from kernel.org, cleaned up the previous Linux source tree, and linked the /usr/src/linux-2.4.26 directory to /usr/src/linux. It looks like Speakup 1.5 was successfully patched, but the CVS checkout script is acting up again. I am getting "command not found" errors on lines 2 and 44. When examining the script, I'm not able to determine why Bash would complain about
ROOTDIR=/usr/src/linux
and
for i in `cat ${DIR}/patchlist-${VERSION}`; do

Is it possible that the version of Bash or CVS which comes with Slackware 9.1 is too old? It seems pretty unlikely since this script was written years before Slackware 9.1 was released. Also note that I have set permissions to 755 on the checkout script and executing it in various locations such as /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup make no difference.