unable to configure Speakup during Kernel config

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Tue May 11 19:39:22 EDT 2004

Hi Greg,
Here's what I've got thus far.

  I installed Slackware Linux 9.1 a few days ago with kernel 2.4.22 Speakup image. I downloaded the Speakup-1.5.tar.gz file from the Speakup FTP site and unzipped it to /usr/src/speakup-1.5. When I run the ./install script, I get the following output:

Patching version v24
Creating .orig files [] done.
Patching files [pppppppppppppppppp1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/src/linux/include/linux/miscdevice.h.rej
pppppppppppppppppp] done.
Copying files [cccccccccc] done.

What didn't show up in the output, however, were a lot of errors saying that documentation, configure.in, etc could not be found. I am able to download the CVS version of Speakup, but I want to make sure I can get 1.5 patched into the kernel source before I get back to 2.0.

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net