speakup and cepstral?

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Sat May 8 07:33:48 EDT 2004

Garrett,

When you configure flite for the 16 bit voice, use these two

./configure --enable-shared --with-vox=cmu_us_kal16

then do "make" and "make install".

But that will not be enough to persuade speech-dispatcher to use
the better voice. I too am anxious to get that last step done.
Dectalk is pleasant to listen to, but it is too damn smart to use
for a screen reader, taking annoying liberties with things.

Chuck