Init scripts for speech-dispatcher and speechd_up

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sun May 2 18:00:57 EDT 2004

Hi
If you're starting speechd_up right after speech dispatcher, you need to
add a 1 second delay using the sleep command, like this:
sleep 1
Add it just before you start speechd_up, so speech-dispatcher has time to
set up its connections.
As for the errors, don't worry about them. Apparently, there's commands in
the initialization string that speechd_up doesn't support. I'll have to
dig out my doubletalk manual to see if I can figure out what they do and
whether it would be worth implementing these, since sftsyn's command set
is based on doubletalk's.