Fix for DECTalk initscript problems

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sun May 2 17:55:53 EDT 2004

Hi
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. You're changing the rate, pitch,
and voice while in speakup, so why wouldn't the /proc/speakup directory
files be used? Since you're changing the parameters from speakup, that is
indeed the preferred way to make use of them. You do this the same way you
would for other synths. BTW, pitch and rate have ranges 0-9, voice has
range 0-8 although what values work depends on the software synth being
used, values 0-7 work on dectalk.
To switch back to your ltlk, echo ltlk >/proc/speakup/synth_name and then
kill speechd_up. To switch back, change to sftsyn and start speechd_up
again.
HTH