my DTK-generic log file

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sat May 1 22:15:27 EDT 2004

Hi
Are you starting speech dispatcher in an init script before you log in as
root? If so, this creates a problem with the dtk-generic module. I've not
yet been able to track it down, and am not sure whether it's a problem
with just the dectalk generic module or all modules that utilize the
generic module. However, starting it before you log in causes the no
speech output problem. I know it's not a problem with speech dispatcher
itself, since flite will work fine when started in an init script. Haven't
tried festival this way.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else at the moment. If that's
not it, I'll have to rack my brains some more.