Installing Speakup

Vic Beckley vbeckley at wilkshire.net
Sat May 1 16:13:37 EDT 2004

Hi Greg,

I have made some progress.  I have gotten 2.4.26 to compile and have speech on reboot.  I checked the /proc/pci file and the dmesg output and the modem is being detected.  The output is similar to yours, but the address and IRQ are different.  It is on ttyS4.

I ran pppconfig again and allowed it to try to detect my modem.  It still wanted to put it on ttyS1.  I let it and that did not work.  I then manually set it to ttyS4 and when I tried connecting with pon it says this is an unknown device.  What can I check now?

Thanks again for your expert help.