speech-dispatcher

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sat May 1 13:30:58 EDT 2004

Hi
They work with both 4.61 and 5.0 although 5.0 works better than 4.61 does.
Does the say program work by itself? If it does, and speech dispatcher
doesn't, then there's likely a problem executing the command. In this
case, edit dtk-generic.conf and at the end of the file, you'll find two
debug statements. Uncomment them both, and change the line saying:
Debug 0
 Debug 1
My debug lines look like:
Debug 1
Debugfile /tmp/debug-dtk-generic
Restart speech dispatcher and try to use it. It won't make it work, but
this will generate a log file for the module. Send that log along so we
can have a look at it.