c++ with linux

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 31 05:22:40 EST 2004

Hello, Kyrath.
I do alot of c++ programming with Linux and gcc, and  can answer most of
your questions. First, thing is when doing c++ applications you must envoke
g++ not gcc. Gcc is for c applications not c++.
Another pointer is make sure your c++ book is updated to the latest c++
standards or g++ will warning out on older c++ code. One simple example:
In the past you used iostream.h for cout, cin, etc... Now, you include
iostream, and must specify the standard namespace to use cout, cin, etc...
If you want to ask questions off list you can send mail to:
tward1978 at earthlink.net