Dectalk Linux Question

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Mar 28 01:01:55 EST 2004

This was an excellent overview Jacob,  I think you should forward it
on to the speech dispatcher list as well.  A lot of the things you
mentioned can be fixed with further fixes to their speakup driver
converting the pitch and voices and the like into the appropriate
commands for the software dectalk and/or other synths they support.

I found two problems but haven't had time to try to  look into them
which were that if you have to large of buffer say with a say screen
you lost everything after 256 or 512 bytes.  The other problem was
what seems to me to be the software synth nemisis it won't shut up
when you hit the key what says shut up!

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061