Automatic synthesizer detection

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Mar 21 14:24:28 EST 2004

I started working on individual synth detection a long time ago but
because of other bugs at the time I put it aside and rewrote the
drivers to just pretend they have the right synth when they find
something that talks on the serial port they are probing.  Some synths
you can look for specific commands and responces to determine you have
the correct synth but on others I have never found ways of deciding
specific synth characteristics.

If someone wanted to take on writing probing and detection code that
would be really cool.  Currently, it isn't even on my list of things
to do.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061