A question for Shane W about changing synths in Sarge

Shane Wegner shane-keyword-speakup.aca783 at cm.nu
Sun Mar 21 13:20:14 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:27:31AM -0500, Doug Sutherland wrote:
> You can use the other method, kopt, as discussed, but that
> sounds like a lot more work than just appending the parms
> on the kernel line. I don't like "global" kernel parms
> anyways (ie those that would be at the top of a lilo.conf),
> I prefer to specify them for each kernel.

the kopt way is actually less work as if you append
speakup_synth to the kernel lines, you will need to redo it
whenever you install a new kernel.  The advantage to kopt
is that when a new kernel-image gets installed, update-grub
is automatically run and your speakup_synth line affects
the new version.