knowing when the computer is booted

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sun Mar 21 03:59:16 EST 2004

That would be because you have speakup compiled as a module. If you
want speach immediately when Linux boots, you have to compile it
directly in to the kernel. An alternative if you really want speakup
compiled as a module is to execute the modprobe commands to load
speakup somewhere near the beginning of your boot scripts.
- ---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net