Here maybe a solution to speech in X Windows:

Shaun Oliver shaun.oliver at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 18 23:18:26 EST 2004

*SNIP*
the+voice interface Apple is building relies on applications using the
Apple
+developer tools according to spec. Where they go off spec, those apps
will not
+be accessible. Here's the headline, X is not developed with that
toolkit.

Do you understand this yet?
Guys, janina and hank both have a point.
from what I'm reading on this thread alone,
if it ain't built to apple's specs it ain't gonna work.
kinda like some windows apps they ain't built to use the common
interfaces and apis that microslop have begrudgingly made available.
Therefore, we have a small matter of a good many apps that I'd like to
occasionally use under windblows requiring extensive scripting if you're
using jaws or extensive set file manipulation if you're using window
eyes.
it's about time there was a good screen access solution for mac. it's
something else for me to try at some point down the track.

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun.oliver at optusnet.com.au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman