linux and accessibility applications

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Mar 17 15:34:10 EST 2004

Wouldn't it be better to have a GUI configuring application that runs in the console? We know console environments are stable and reliable, and we know the GUI environment has a long way to go. So, if the config tool is a GUI tool, and your accessibility GUI becomes inaccessible, aren't you up the proverbial creek without that proverbial paddle?

I have been saying this to the Sun and GNOME people for two years. I will again carry this message at CSUN this week. Unfortunately, it often seems as if they don't want to acknowledge there's anything good about consoles. Very myopic, imho.