linux

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 21:50:15 EST 2004

Hi, Andrew.
Every Linux distribution has manuals and allot of them such as Red Hat and
Mandrake put their documentation  in electronic formats.
For example a book I found very useful for learning was the Mandrake Command
line reference which gives you need to know information on changing
directories, copying files, etc...
In some cases Linux documentation can be hard to find, but in reality there
are lots of good quality books out there such as the Red Hat Linux Bible,
Mandrake Linux users guides, the gnome doc project, etc... The problem is
not weather there is great documentation for Linux, but getting that
documentation in etext format which you and I can read.
If you would like the Mandrake docs to look over I have converted them from
pdf to ascii text, and they may help you read up on some Linux basics.