linux

Saqib Shaikh S.Shaikh at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 04:09:27 EST 2004

Hi Andrew

Welcome from a fellow Englander!  I'm not sure how much experience you have
with computing in general, and what made you decide to use Linux, so it may
be useful to send a brief email explaining that.  But in general Linux is a
different Operating System (Windows is the operating system you're currently
using).  So like JAWS is a screen reader for Windows, you will require a
screen reader for Linux - you can't use JAWS to access Linux in the same way
that you can use JAWS to access Outlook.

Anyway, let us know where you're coming from and where you want to get to,
and I'm sure people on this list will be happy to help you out.

Saqib Shaikh
Email me at saqibshaikh.com