gpg test, and a question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Mar 15 21:46:46 EST 2004

I haven't messed with PGP stuff yet here but after installing mutt
1.5.6I recently, I now get this following line above some PGP'd
messages not all but I do on Greg's current message that I am now
quoting.
[-- Error: unable to create PGP subprocess! --]
I haven't had a chance to figure this one out yet.  It also says that
PGP signature could not be verified in the status line but there is an
'S' flag in the status line.  Not sure what this all means.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:06:27PM -0600, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Never mind. I did a google search for
>
> "maildrop" "application/pgp"
>
> , and got a nice rule to place into my .mailfilter file which does the
> job.
>
> Thanks for the idea.
>
> Greg
>

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:09:02PM -0800, Shane Wegner wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:47:19PM -0600, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > > Is it possible that I could get the behavior described above with the
> > > older signatures, where mutt actually calls gpg to verify the
> > > signature, and the message status line shows "NS" instead of just "N"?
> >
> > Try adding this fragment to your .procmailrc
> >
> > :0
> > {
> > :0 fBw
> > * ^-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> > * ^-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
> > | formail \
> > -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=encrypt"
> > :0 fBw
> > | formail \
> > -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=sign"
> > }

> > --
> > Shane Wegner
> > http://www.cm.nu/~shane/