downloading full Debian Sarge release?

Sean Murphy smmail at tpg.com.au
Mon Mar 15 17:14:45 EST 2004

Hi.

use

apt-get install aptitude

This is the best tool under Debian for installing applications.  If you
haven't set up the source.list file in /etc/apt, then you can use:

apt-setup

This will set up the file for you.

Once you have aptitude, then you can use the command:

aptitude search <pattern>

Replace <pattern> with what you are looking for.

Sean