crimping ethernet without eyes

talmage at somtel.com talmage at somtel.com
Sat Mar 13 13:59:40 EST 2004

Well I probably didn't do it according to hoyle, but here is what I did.
While I didn't have to connect all 8 wires on 1 end, I did it just to
simplify things for myself.
Once I did that, I went to the other end and found the wires I wanted and
hooked them as needed.
Since there are only 4 wires that you actually need, it wasn't too bad, and
I just left the others out.
While I didn't use the correct wires, at least by the book, I did at least
hook up 4 wires the way they needed to be, and things have worked fine.
If memory serves, here is the way they need to go.

1-3
2-6
3-1
6-2