crimping ethernet without eyes

talmage at somtel.com talmage at somtel.com
Sat Mar 13 09:55:23 EST 2004

It's been a while since I had to do it, but when I had to, I made a tester
to figure which wires were which.
My tester is just a unit I put together with a 9 volt battery, a tone
generator from Radio Shack, and 2 leads with alligator clips.  I used
alligator clips so I could put a pin in 1 to get in the grooves of the
plug, and I wanted the tester for other stuff.