The ALSA Blues

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Mar 10 09:07:25 EST 2004

I'm trying to set up ALSA on my Hitachi laptop which supposedly has an
SB16 compatible card in it.  I've got all the ALSA 1.0.3
drivers/lib/utils installed, the modules.conf entries and rc.modules
entries for the ALSA mods and SB16 are all in place.  When I go to run
the rc.modules portion, it keeps acting like it can't find the
device.  I specified port, irq, etc. for the card; I used options I
had previously used with the OSS drivers.  This card did work with the
OSS drivers but I want to try ALSA to see if I can improve some
stability issues.

I would be interested in modules.conf entries for anyone with a
working SB16 configuration.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

--