mail viruses

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sun Mar 7 18:26:40 EST 2004

For those of you using amavis, the problem is also in check. For
those who don't know, the idea behind sending a "zip bomb" is to
overwelm your virus scanner by causing it to constantly open zip
files when it attempts to scan one zip archive for viruses. I can't
speak for all virus scanners but I can say that amavis (used to
process mail) has a limit on how deap it will recurse in to archives.
- ---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net