packmate under linux?

Sean Murphy smmail at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 7 00:15:01 EST 2004

Hi Alex.

The difference between the PACMate and BrailleNote is that the PACMate uses
standard Windows CE (Pocket pc)  applications.  Only configuration is
required is the scripting language of Jaws.  The BrailleNote doesn't have
this ability, programs would have to be custom made.

Using a terminal program to access Linux on a PACMate would give a person
the ability of accessing a shell session anywhere.  But the down side is
that you loose the nisty of the console access.  The PACMate braille display
can be used as a dedicated braille display if a driver was develop for it
under Linux.  Developing a true talking telnet consolue would be great, but
you wouldn't get kernal information at log in.

Sean