Festival errors

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Fri Mar 5 23:17:58 EST 2004

Hi Bill,
  Actually, it had escaped me last night at 2 AM that I had the Festival synthesizer on CD 3 of the Fedora Core distribution. I've since installed it along with Gnopernicus 0.7.0. I'm now trying to install the Speakup modifications made last year to work with Festival. However, since the latest version reflects Speakup 1.5 I'm guessing it would be better to wait since I'm using the version 2.0 which is on the Fedora Beta distribution.
  I have also downloaded several Festival voices which I would like to install. Is there a certain directory to which I need to install the tarballs? The documentation does not specify any direct path for the voices, and the 8 KHZ voice is a bit grating after a while.

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net