Fedora's hardware search interfering with BLT2000

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Thu Mar 4 08:28:15 EST 2004

Hello,
  I was able to get the kudzu program successfully disabled, however I am still having the same problem. Could there be another program interfering with the speakup_bns driver? I can tell that Speakup is still running because when I hit the seven key on the numpad repeatedly, the machine beeps at me when my review cursor has reached the top of the screen. I am thinking of possibly trying to get a software synthesizer installed and running on here. I know that this is experimental at best, but since I seem to be having so many problems getting my Braille Lite to work, does anybody have a specific recommendation as to which software speech synthesizer would work or sound the best? I do have Viavoice, but someone pointed out that it will not run with newer versions of Glibc.
Thanks,
Steve