possibly a bad error

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Mon Mar 1 10:12:17 EST 2004

Hi Cecil,
  As far as I know, there is only one Fat32 partition on my hard disk. I am wanting to set up a duel-boot system and keep Windows 2000 on the computer so I can use my audio software. I am concerned with placing a boot partition before the main Windows partition, because that could damage the JFW key I have installed on the machine. If I recall, the authorization sets a few bits in actual disk cylinders to true to verify the existence of the authorization. If I can repartition the first 100 or so MB and create a boot partition without messing up my authorization, then that's what I will do. As you said, I'll wait for some confirmation before attempting anything which could possibly wreck the existing partition.
Thanks,
Steve