Mplayer 1.0 w/Speakup

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Tue Jun 29 22:47:53 EDT 2004

Interestingly enough, I expected to have this problem with my system,
using an ac97 sound chip.  However, after all was setup and working, I had
no problem using speakup and playing mp3's at the same time via the amp or
mpg programs under the bash shell.  I did have a 2GB processor, and 512MB
of ram, so perhaps it is a resource issue for you?
Also, I did not use the doubletalk, but the artic transport, so perhaps
it's something in the doubletalk driver, though I would expect that
particular synth to perform the best, since it has it's own processor on
board.