Mplayer 1.0 w/Speakup

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Tue Jun 29 14:11:33 EDT 2004

Hi their.  While playing stream and locall files on disk with mplayer 1.0
CVS, i've noticed that the the audio becomes choppy and a little distorted
while Dectalk is reading information with Speakup CVS.  It doesn't matter
which console I'm in.  I think I may have heard this might be related to
Mplayer, but I'm not sure.  As a solution, I turned off Speakup in the
console where Mplayer is running.  That works, but you can't effectively
read anything else within other consoles without audio becoming distored.
Anyone have any solutions or have experienced this?  If their are
solutions, I'd gladly summarize and post an msg to the list to help any
other people who might be having this slightly annoying problem.  Thanks
and appreciate any help.