re-posting my question on aptitude, reply to the capitalization and pitch change and another question about voice rate and pitch change

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Jun 24 13:49:28 EDT 2004

I looked in the aptitude docs and so far haven't found what p and i mean
next to the list of packages anyone know?  If my synth won't recognize
pitch changes, then perhaps speakup could be modified to anounce cap+
letter, something like that.  Finally, I tried to change the rate for
speakup yesterday and nothing happened.  It worked the day before.  When I
tried to enter the rate, my synth spoke a lot of escape sequences and
garbage.  Between the time when rate change worked and now, I did reboot a
couple of times and do one shutdown, and speakup is now the default kernel
so talking now comes up at boot time.  Any ideas?