setting rate and customizing lynx the cat

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Jun 21 22:17:08 EDT 2004

It only took a few months, several floppies, 3 kernels but speakup is now
running on my old compaq P90 .  Now I need to know the commands toset rate
and volume and the commands to set these values permenantly for my user.
Also how to setup lynx the cat to work.  I notice on this computer I have
to switch numlock on and off to toggle between making the aro keys act as
aros(in the on position) and making them act as speakup's review
mode(numlock off)  Is that normal?  Perhaps some could privately send
their lynx.cfg file or if I just got a few good commands.  Any help is
welcome, I don't want to feel like I'm back in the old jaws working with
unix terminal days. Sean