speed question

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 19 22:33:39 EDT 2004

Another thing to consider is the bandwidth of every computer between your
machine and the destination machine.  Obviously you're only going to get a
download as fast as the slowest computer between you and the remote system.
In other words, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.  Even if
you're downloading from a well-known, fast site, if for some stupid reason
some server in the middle was running off a 14.4 modem, your download will
proceed at 14.4 speed or less, no matter how fast your connection or that of
the remote site is.
Jayson.