script for changing between recording sources with sblive in alsamixer

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Jun 19 01:47:16 EDT 2004

When I tried alsa a couple of years ago, I think somebody from this list
sent me a script for changing between mic and line and cd recording (or it
might have been just for setting up mic recording) with sblive on alsa. If
you know who you are, and still have that script, and the script still
works with any changes that have been made in alsa since then, would you
mind sending it to me again. I gave up on alsa for a long time just
because the installation and re-installation with kernels and changing
the many mixer settings was kind of a pain. Now, however, I am using alsa
in freedombox and want to try using my mike for some things there, and I
find alsa much easier to deal with built into the kernel. But the many
mixer settings--mainly making sure you change the right one--can be a bit
tricky, so that script would be nice.
thanks.

--
Cheryl