USB device refusing addresses

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 18 00:30:02 EDT 2004

Hi all
 	I was trying to transfer some files from my desktop to my laptop
using my 128MB USB flashdrive. It works fine under Linux on the desktop,
and the files copied with no problem just as usual. However, when I plug
it into the laptop, it doesn't work. I get the following odd kernel
messages:
usb 1-3: new usb high-speed device using address 3
usb 1-3: control timeout on ep0out
usb 1-3: control timeout on ep0out
usb 1-3: device not accepting address 3, error -110
 	After this, it goes on to try address 4, 5, and so on, but nothing
works. This is a PNY 128MB USB flashdrive USB 2.0. Both systems have USB
2.0 ports and modules loaded correctly. This appears to be the only USB
device that exhibits this problem. I've tried googling around, but haven't
come up with anything yet. Anyone else ever see messages like this? Oh,
and rebooting the system doesn't help, and the flashdrive works fine under
M$. and linux on my desktop. Any ideas on this one? I'm using kernel
2.6.6, EHCI USB 2.0 and UHCI USB  1.1 on both systems.
THX