Speakup the debian sarge iso, a boot parameter question and the sbm (smart boot manager)

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Jun 17 13:58:10 EDT 2004

This is a little disjointed but here it goes, On the fadora howto, they
tell you to boot the iso with "text speakup_synth=synthname Is text a boot
paramater or a fadora thing?  When I loaded the smart boot manager so I
could boot from the sarge iso, apparently it came up with some kind of
graphical interface that neither me nor my console familear co-worker was
familear with and he wasn't sure where to put in the boot parameter.  Does
anyone know how to use this boot manager or where to find documentation
for it?Sinse my co-worker helped me boot this system I don't really know
how to get this to work on my own I'm not sure if once you stick the
floppy in with the boot manager you have to select where to boot from or
if you can suddenly choose parameters.  thanks
Sean