Computers don't make any sense

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Jun 12 01:45:19 EDT 2004

They've also got one working on the human genome project, and on cancer.
I don't have the latter organization's name off the top of my head, but
think the former is "folding at home".  (This is if you want to use your
extra cycles, for something to help the human race in the near future,
instead of searching for an entity as devanced as us (who would still be
using lightspeed EM for communications).)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Kirk Reiser wrote:

> Setiathome is a program you run on your computer and it uses spare
> clock cycles of your processor to process data record by an
> astronomical telescope to help look for exterestrial intelligence.  If
> it is osmething you think you'd be interested in you could sign up and
> run a daemon on your computer and you could collect the point/time for
> yourself or for the speakup project we have one or as my project.  If
> you are interested check out http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/.
>
>  Kirk
>
> --
>
> Kirk Reiser				The Computer Braille Facility
> e-mail: kirk at braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
> phone: (519) 661-3061

"For the last few years, he saw through a glass darkly; but now he sees
his savior face to face." - G. W. Bush, about Ronald Reagan