installation not speaking

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Jun 4 23:43:28 EDT 2004

Hi.

I'm assuming that you've read the speakup docs in the root directory
of the first slackware 9.1 cd-rom?

In order to get speech when you boot from the cd-rom, once at the boot
prompt, you should be typing:

speakup.s speakup_synth=dtlk

If this is what you're typing, and you're not getting speech, can the
sighted person helping you tell us what speakup related messages you're getting?

Greg