cdrecord and knopix revisited

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Tue Jun 1 11:11:46 EDT 2004

>here's the output from cdrecord when I attempt to do a dummy burn
<snip>
>does this mean it would not write properly or does it mean it wrote ok
>but providing me some warnings to take into consideration as in use at
>your own risk etc.

This means that the disc would write OK but it would have trouble
fixating the disc so you'd end up with a coaster probably. I did
manage to overburn the knoppix image with a command like:
cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 -dao driveropts=burnfree -overburn  -data knoppix.iso
You'll have to experiment with the supported modes of your drive to
see which one works correctly. Mine only supports overburning in dao
mode but yours may be different. Gotta love the -dummy option. If
your burner doesn't support burnfree you're probably not  going to
be able to overburn the knoppix image because with my writer at least
it used burnfree about 4 times or so.