Laptops For Linux?

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasaga.dyns.net
Sat Jul 31 15:43:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

	For what it's worth, I have a ThinkPad A31p. I love it. It does have the serial and parallel ports, 2 pcmcia slots and built-in: eepro100, 802.11b, IR and bluetooth..

	Runs linux perfectly. The only negatives are:battery life could be better and built-in modem is a win-modem. Maybe one could get this modem working under Linux, but I haven't had the need, so haven't tried too hard.

	Best advice I could give is: shop around. Models change frequently. Fit model/characteristics to your needs/budget.

	hth,

	--terry

--

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(705) 422-0039
E-mail:	terry at wasaga.dyns.net
Web:	wasaga.dyns.net

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.