DVD ripping

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Thu Jul 29 06:49:16 EDT 2004

Hi Keith,

You can do that with mplayer. If you have it installed and can listen to
your dvd's, then you can capture the audio with a command that looks a
little like this:

mplayer -vc dummy -vo null -ao pcm -format 128 -aofile outputname.wav

You need to add more args to that command, such as a filename, a URL, or
the option to access your dvd drive, but the basics for capturing
anything that mplayer can play to a wav file called outputname.wav (or
anything else you want to call it) are there.

HTH

Chuck

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Keith Watson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Posted this question to the books list but got no responce.
> Thought I might ask here, as the user base is more intuned to the
> situation.
>
> I am looking for a way to rip the audio off of dvd's under our
> favorite operating system. I have an internal dvd player and
> would like to pull the audio off of my brother-in-laws tng
> collection, but an not having much luck so far. Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Keith Watson
> kwatson at smed.yi.org
>
> Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
> but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (92% of Full)
My home page is at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh